Mexico is ready for revenge by harming American atomic farmers

Mexico is ready to strike the United States where it hurts: corn.

Mexico is one of the best American atom buyers in the world today. The Mexican Senator Armando Rios Peter, who leads the Congress Committee for External Relations, says it will submit a bill this week as Mexico will buy the atom from Brazil and Argentina instead of the United States.

It is one of the first signs of possible concrete measures from Mexico in response to President Trump’s threats against the country.

“I will send an atom bill that we buy in the Middle West and … change to Brazil or Argentina,” Rios Peter, 43, told CNN’s Leyla Santiago on Sunday. Trump’s fight protest in Mexico City.

He added: “It is a good way to tell them that this hostile relationship has consequences, I hope it will change.”

The American corn goes to a lot of the country’s food. In Mexico City, from beautiful food restaurants to Taco standing on the street, corn -based preferences such as taco sandwiches can be found everywhere.

Related: The daughter of Mexican farms: Nava destroyed us

America is also the largest product and source of corn in the world. American corn shipments to Mexico have passed since Nava, a free trade deal signed between Mexico, America and Canada.

American farmers sent $ 2.4 billion from corn to Mexico in 2015, the last year of available data. In 1995, the following year to be legally Nava, corn exports to Mexico were only 391 million dollars.

Experts say such a bill will be very expensive for American farmers.

“If we already see a commercial war in which Mexico begins to buy from Brazil … we will see that it affects the corn market and waves to the rest of the AG economy.

The RIOS Piter Bill is another sign of Mexico’s willingness to respond to Trump’s threats. Trump wants to make Mexico pay the price of a wall on the border, which threatens taxes on Mexican imports ranging from 20 % to 35 %.

Trump also wants to negotiate NAFTA. Blames it on a flood of manufacturing functions to Mexico. Non -party Congress research The report found that it is not true.

Related: Mexico multiplies the “emergency plan” Trump

However, Trump says he wants a better trade deal for the American worker – although he didn’t say how a better deal looks.

All parties indicated two weeks ago that the negotiations will start in May after a 90 -day consultation period.

But Trump says if the negotiations do not bear the deal that he wants, he threatens to withdraw from Nava.

Such harsh words have not been well received by Mexican leaders such as Rios Piter. It is not alone. In January, Mexican Economy Minister Elvonso Gogardo said that Mexico would respond “immediately” to any tariff from Trump.

“It is very clear that we must be ready to be able to neutralize the influence of this nature,” Gawwajardo said on January 13 on a Mexican news program.

SHASTA Darlington contributed to this story

CNNMoney (Mexico City) It was first published on Feb 13 2017: 12:06 PM Et

Leave a Comment