
President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he was not ready to conclude a deal with China unless the trade deficit is more than $ 1 trillion first.
While talking to correspondents in the first air force, Trump said with some countries that there is a trade deficit of more than one billion dollars, but with China, it exceeds a trillion dollars.
“We have a 1 trillion dollar trade deficit with China. Hundreds of billions of dollars annually lose it against China, and unless we solve this problem, it will not conclude a deal,” he said. “I’m ready to conclude a deal with China, but they have to solve this excess. We have a tremendous disability problem with China … I want to be solved.”
Some countries targeted by Trump’s tariff are seeking negotiations, China says, “No winners in commercial wars.”
President Donald Trump said he would not conclude a deal with China unless the trade deficit was resolved. (AP Photo / EVAN VUCCI / Istock)
Trump also said due to the customs tariff, the United States has 7 trillion dollars of committed investments when it comes to building car manufacturers, chip companies and other types of companies, “at the levels that we have not seen before.
But with regard to the trade deficit, Trump said he spoke with many leaders in Europe and Asia, who “die” to conclude a deal, but as long as there is a deficit, he will not do that.
“The deficit is a loss,” he said. “We will have surpluses, or in the worst case, we will be broken. But China will be the worst in the group because the deficit is very large, and it is not sustainable.

US President Donald Trump holds a scheme as he provides notes on mutual definitions during an event in the garden of roses entitled “Make Gake Wealthy Again” in the White House in Washington, DC, on April 2, 2025. Trump was exposed to “Tahrir Day” that sweeps a “new liberation war.” The main commercial partners in the United States, including the European Union and Britain, said they were preparing their responses at Trump’s escalation, as nervous markets in Europe and America fell. (Brendan Smaliowski/AFP via Getty Images)
“I was elected to this,” Trump added.
Trump spoke to correspondents for about 16 minutes, and during that time journalists asked him many questions about the definitions.
The president expects that by next year, the definitions will bring an additional trillion dollars. He also said that companies will start moving to the United States in places such as North Carolina, Detroit and Illinois.

The worker is developing records on a truck at Western Forest Products Inc. Ladysmith Log in Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada, on Tuesday, February 18, 2025. Canada is the largest foreign wood resource in the United States, and may already deal with higher duties on its shipments that started last summer. Photographer: James McDonald/Bloomberg (Photographer: James McDonald/Bloomberg via Getti Imas)
“What will happen to the market? I cannot tell you. But I can tell you that our country has become much stronger, and in the end it will be an unparalleled country,” Trump said. “The country will be the most dominant, economical, in the world, which it should be.”
Trump also turned into the social truth on Sunday night to install it on the definitions.
“We have a tremendous financial deficit with China, the European Union and many others. The only way that this problem can be the definitions, which now brings tens of billions of dollars to the United States of America.” “They are already in effect, and something beautiful we must see. The surplus with these countries has grown during the” Sleepy Joe Biden “.
Trump carried out a 10 % baseline tariff On all the goods imported to the United States, while some countries were slapped with higher definitions.
Special A difficult approach in ChinaAnd that was already struck with a 20 % tariff earlier this year. China will now face a 34 % mutual tariff in addition to the 10 % baseline imposed on all listed countries.
Click here to get the Fox News app
Canada and Mexico are exempted from mutual tariffs at the present time, but they face a 25 % tariff on the goods, as Canada is also slapped with a 10 % energy tariff. while Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carne Claudia Shinbom, who pledged to “fight this tariff with counter -measures”, said her country would announce a “comprehensive program” on Thursday, according to Reuters.
Rachel Wolf of Fox News Digitter contributed to this report.