
On Sunday, an American judge prevented the government on Sunday from deporting a group of Guatemali children who crossed the border without their families, after their lawyers said that the youth were loaded on the planes overnight and a violation of the laws that provide protection for immigrant children.
Lawyers of 10 Guatemali Palace, between the ages of 10 and 17, told court papers late on Saturday that there were reports that the planes were taking off within hours of Central America. But a federal judge in Washington said that these children could not be deported for at least 14 days, and after a hurry upright session on Sunday, she imposed that they needed to transport them from planes and return to the Refugee Resettlement Office while operating the legal process.
“I don’t want any ambiguity,” Judge Sparkle said to. Sogananan, who said that its rule is widely applied to the Guatemali Palace who have reached the United States without their parents or parents.
Meanwhile, government lawyers confirmed that children were not deported, but did not reunite them at the request of their parents or parents – the claim that children’s lawyers ignore, at least in some cases.
Similar emergency requests have been submitted in other parts of the country as well. Lawyers in the state of Arizona and Ilinoi asked Federal judges there to prevent deportation from unaccompanied minors, confirming how the battle spread about the government’s efforts quickly.
Warning bells that were raised among immigrant advocates
This episode has sparked warnings between immigrant advocates, who say it may be a violation of federal laws designed to protect children who pray without their parents. While deportations are currently suspended, the issue emphasizes the high clash between efforts to enforce the migration of the government and the legal guarantees established by Congress for some of the most vulnerable immigrants.
At the airport of the border area in Harlengen, Texas, the scene was unambiguously active on Sunday morning. Buses carrying migrants pulled to the airport runway when groups of federal agents moved quickly between vehicles and waiting planes. The police cars flew, and the officers and security guards pushed journalists back from the walls of the lining of the series. On the runway, the planes sat with inactive engines, the ground crews make the final preparations as if the departures could come at any moment – all of this as the battle of the court hall played hundreds of miles away in Washington.
China said more than the Justice Center, a migrant legal defense group, that it was notified on Saturday evening that the official list had been formulated with the names of the Guatemian children whom the US administration will try to send to their mother country. I learned that the preachers have learned that flights would leave from the cities of Texas in Harlenglen and Al Passo.
She said that she heard that federal immigration officials and customs enforcement “still take children”, as they did not have any guidelines about the court’s order.
The Ministry of Internal Security, Immigration and Customs, and the Ministry of Health and Humanitarian Services immediately did not respond to the suspension requests on Sunday.
The Trump administration plans to remove nearly 700 Guatemali children
The Trump administration plans to remove approximately 700 Guatemali children who came to the unaccompanied United States, according to a message sent by Senator Ron Widen from Oregon. The Guatemali government said it is ready to take it.
It is another step in the Trump administration’s sweeping immigration efforts, which include plans to send a group of officers to Chicago due to the immigration campaign, intensifying deportations and ending protection for people who have permission to live and work in the United States.
Guatemali children’s lawyers said that the US government does not have the power to remove youth and deprive them of the legal procedures due to preventing them from following up asylum claims or relief in immigration. Many active cases in the immigration courts, according to the lawsuit of lawyers in Washington.
Although the children are supposed to be in the care and custody of the Refugee Resettlement Office, the government “transferred them illegally to the migration and customs nursery to put them on trips to Guatemala, where they may face ill -treatment, neglect, persecution or torture”, the lawyers in the young center argue for the lawyers of the immunized children and national specifications.
A lawyer said with another group of invitation, the National Center for Youth Law, that the organization began listening a few weeks ago that the legal service providers were met with children – especially from Guatemala – at the facilities of the Refugee Resettlement Office. HSI is the arm of the ice investigation.
Lawyer Becky Wolusin said the agents asked the children about their relatives in Guatemala.
Then, on Friday, defenders all over the country began obtaining a word that hearings of the Young Immigration Court had been canceled, Mrs. Wolusen said.
Immigrant children traveling without their parents or guardians are handed over to the Refugee Resettlement Office when officials face them along the American border and Mexico. Once they arrive in the United States, children often live in shelters supervised by the government or with nursery families so that they can be released to a sponsor-a family member-who live in the country.
Minors can seek asylum, juvenile migration, or sexual exploitation victims.
Due to their painful age and experience, their treatment is one of the most sensitive issues in immigration. Da`wah groups have already filed a lawsuit against the courts to stop the new Trump administration audit procedures for children who are not accompanied by their families, saying that changes keep families separated for a longer and inhuman period.
Guatemala says she is ready to receive unaccompanied minors
On Friday, the government of Guantimali Martinez said on Friday that the government told the United States that it was ready to receive hundreds of Guatemian minors who have arrived in the United States that are not accompanied and are detained in government facilities.
He said that Guatemala is especially concerned about minors who can pass the age limits of children’s facilities and send them to adult detention centers.
President Bernardo Arvalo said his government has a moral and legal commitment to defend children. His comments came days after the visit of US Security Minister Christie Nom Guatemala.
This story was reported by Associated Press. Rebecca Santana from Washington mentioned. The Associated Press Jennifer Pigz book in New York and Korea Williams in Detroit.