Christie Nayyim confirms a plan to expand ICE operations in major cities

On Sunday, Internal Security Security Security confirmed that the Trump administration is planning to expand migration and customs enforcement in major cities, including Chicago.

When asked about plans to expand Ice’s operations in Chicago specifically, he told Noem “CBS News”, “We have already performed continuous operations with ICE in Chicago and all over Illinois, while ensuring that we support our laws, but we intend to add more resources to these operations.”

He was asked about the form of expansion of ICE operations in Chicago and whether it would include the mobilization of the National Guard forces to help immigration and arrests, saying: “This always represents a privilege for the president [Donald] Trump and his decision. I will not talk to the details of the planned operations in other cities. “

Her remarks come one day after the mayor of Chicago Brandon Johnson signed an executive matter that directs his legal section in his city to explore ways to counter a possible increase in federal law enforcement and the National Guard forces to Illinois.

During a press conference on Saturday, Johnson warned that Chicago officials “received reliable reports that we have days, not weeks, before our cities saw a kind of military activity by the federal government.”

Earlier this month, the Trump administration directed federal law enforcement employees, including those working in ICE, to help the police in Washington, DC, with crime control operations. These resources included thousands of the National Guard forces deployed in the country’s capital with the aim of the advertiser of reducing crime rates.

In the wake of the movement of forces and law enforcement officers to Washington, Trump threatened to send officers and federal forces to other major American cities, including Baltimore.

Later on Sunday’s interview, Naweeem was asked whether Boston would be one of the cities in which the federal government will strengthen immigration enforcement agents.

She said: “There are many cities that deal with crime and violence at the present time, so we did not take anything from the table,” she added later: “I will encourage every big city – San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, whatever it is – if they want to help make their city more penetration, and more prosperous, allows people the opportunity to walk in freedom like Washington members, and now they are …

Other Democratic officials, including a group of more than ten governors, have condemned plans to deploy forces in their states.

In a statement last week, they said: “Whether it is Illinois, Maryland, New York or another country tomorrow, the president’s threats and efforts to deploy the National Guard of the state without the request and consent of the ruler of that state are abuse of power, ineffective, and undermining the task of our service members.”

“We do not want forces in the streets of American cities. This is non -American. Frankly, the President of the United States should know better.”

Pritzker also accused the Trump administration of targeting the countries run by Democrats instead of those who run it by Republicans, and tell CBS, “Note that he never talks about where the most violent crime occurs, which is in the red states … … their violent crimes rates are much worse in other places, and we are very proud of the work we have done.”

In response to a question about whether there are plans to deploy forces and federal law enforcement officials of the states and cities run by Republicans, Nom said, “Certainly.”

“Each one city is evaluated when we need to do there to make it safer. So we have operations, again, I will not talk about the details, but we are not looking for anything about anything we do with a political lens.”

Leave a Comment