
Hamas -controlled health authority said on Sunday that the number of Palestinians who were killed during the war in Gaza had exceeded 50,000.
The numbers, which do not distinguish between fighters and civilians independently.
However, international organizations such as the United Nations consider them very reliable.
The conflict arose by the attack on Israel by the Palestinian armed group Hamas and extremist allies on October 7, 2023.
About 1,200 people were killed and more than 250 Israelis took hostages in the Gaza Strip.
The ceasefire entered for six weeks in January, but Israel has resumed its attacks this week, as hundreds of Palestinians have been killed since then.
According to a media report on Sunday, about 30 people were killed in new Israeli attacks in southern Gaza.
The Palestinian News Agency has reported various attacks, including drones, in the Rafah and Khan Yunis areas. Among other things, residential buildings and car were attacked.
The Israeli army had previously warned the residents of Tal Sultan in Rafah that the army “would make an attack against terrorist organizations” there.
The residents were called to escape from the fighting area. Videos are distributed on social media to people who flee on foot, some of them are highly loaded and with young children.
Hamas confirms the death of a great leader
A senior Hamas official was killed in an Israeli air strike in the Southern Gaza Strip.
The Islamic Organization confirmed the death of Salah Barwell, a member of the Political Bureau, in a post on Telegram.
Hamas said that Al -Brawil and his wife were killed “in the assassination of a Zionist who left” in his tent in Al -Malasi, a region in the Gaza Strip appointed as a humanitarian area.
The Palestinians are looking at the ruins of debris and wreckage at the Israeli strike site the night before the Nuserat refugee camp. Moiz Sali/APA photos via Zuma Press WIRE/DPA
The Palestinians are looking at the ruins of debris and wreckage at the Israeli strike site the night before the Nuserat refugee camp. Moiz Sali/APA photos via Zuma Press WIRE/DPA
The Palestinians carry a body that was recovered by civil defense personnel from the rubble of a house destroyed by an Israeli air strike. Abed Rahim Khatib/dpa